- Product name:Silicon Carbide
- Application:abrasive tool
- Hardness:9.2 mohs
- Grain shape:Angular
- Material:Silicon Carbide (SiC)
- Refractoriness (Degree):Super-Class (Refractoriness>2000°)
- Place of Origin:CN
- SiC Content (%):98.5%
- Processing Service:Bending
- Processing Service:Coating
Sintered Silicon Carbide Powder Sintered SiC Powder Sintering SiC Powder
Black Silicon Carbide is produced in a high temperature electric resistance-type furnace from a mixture of quartz sand ,petroleum coke
The hardness of black silicon carbide is greater than fused alumina but less than synthetic diamond.
Black silicon carbide's mechancial intensity is greater than fused alumina, but brittle and sharp.
Black silicon carbide has some electrical and heat conductivity.
Typical Physical Properties
2100 C min
1.2-1.6g/cm3(depends on the size)